Friday, July 18, 2008

Perdon

I apologize for the lack of updates as of late.  It's not that I've forgotten  about you, I promise. It's not that I've been at a standstill, not doing any traveling/sightseeing/picture-taking/adventure exploring.  It's not that I've been doing so much studying that my brain hurts every time I look at a computer screen. 

No no...it's quite the contrary.  The real truth of the matter is that Blogspot uploads my pictures SOOOOO SLOWLY that each time I want to update, I groan at the thought of the hours I will have to spend on each new post.  That and my lack of a camera forces me to rely on my friends' pictures which just doesn't feel quite as right when posting because it's not my own. And with this time, I could be out having the time of my life.  So that's exactly what I did. I went out and had a good time.  

I faked "woohoo spring break!" pictures with my friends.  (In actuality, none of us were even remotely buzzed, much less drunk.  I'll be honest. I had ordered a granita with the intention of it being an alcoholic beverage but when the lady just gave me a plain ol' slushee and I asked her, "alcool?" and she laughed in my face, I found out that a granita is actually a non-alcoholic beverage. It was good though! But non-alcoholic.)
I danced on rooftops...
I visited amazing cities like Berne and Geneva...
and I gorged on delectable chocolates and pastries and veal and cheeses and breads and company.
More in-depth posts will come when I am at a place with a lot of time on my hands and have organized my thoughts and pictures correctly.  I wanted to thank you guys for reading on my adventures and I hope you will continue to do so.  Thank you, come again!

*special thanks to Adena for taking/making other people take all of these pictures except for the last one.  You know me and food shots.  I have to take them. 

6 comments:

Nicole said...

to upload pictures to blogger fast you just load pictures to fb .. or look at someone else's fb picture, then copy the image address (look at its properties or something.

Once you have the image address, you just put it in the URL field of the picture upload page.

It loads in seconds! viola!

Julian Leong said...

granitas are good stuff. i know this because i've been having italian food for the past four weeks!

so gimme a break if i want to have a chinese food break okay? :P

Anonymous said...

JANICE!!!!!!!!!!
you know, you should just switch to wordpress, like moi!
love the food pictures! when are you back in the US??

Anonymous said...

i love reading your stories! THE FOOD sounds delicious.....beautiful pictures! Can not wait to hear these stories when you come back!!

Johnny said...

mm. chocolate.

veal? ew. but mmmm chocoalte :D

Anonymous said...

janice jann!!
you've been tagged!

http://dessertobsessed.wordpress.com/2008/07/28/tagged/