Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hi, I'm Broken

I'm home.

My feet hurt, my throat's sore, my legs bruised (7 and counting), my head's throbbing, my shoulder's aching, my skin's cracking, my eyes bloodshot, my tonsils swollen, my ears deaf, my arms bitten (3 and counting).

But I'm home.

My laptop charger's missing, my camera's cracked, my suitcase zippers torn, my jeans unraveled, my phone plan's expired, my pajama stained, my water bottle dented, my watch water-clogged, my agenda's ripped, my chocolates melted.

But I'm home.

I now know to the fullest extent what they mean when they utter, "I need a vacation from my vacation."

When I arrived home Monday night, I was in a really bad shape.  Tuesday did not fare much better as I slept the entire day, up until this morning.  I didn't even want any of my mom's homecooked goodness.  I might even pass up a chance to got o Disneyland tomorrow!  When I was on the plane from Geneva to LAX, I seriously thought I was going to die. My one prayer to God was that he let me see my family before I go, that's how bad I was feeling.  Now, I don't feel as fatal but I still feel pretty darn awful. 

I'm just grateful that I was able to withstand the illness for as long as I had, seeing as all my travel-mates were also sick.  

Once I feel a little more up and running, I shall write some nice, long, overdue posts.  Meanwhile, try to guess which places these magnificent monuments and works of arts call home.


I apologize for any crookedness sensed. My broken camera tilts every time I click.  New camera time! What would you recommend I get?

Oh, and in case you didn't get the message; I'm home.  Use this information however which way you choose.